Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My Review of Life Partners

        So I recently watched Life Partners and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Life Partners poster (2014).png

        At 29, the most long-term relationship Sasha (played by Leighton Meester) and Paige (played by Gillian Jacobs) have ever been in is with each other, using their co-dependent friendship as an excuse not to venture out into the dating world alone. But when Paige meets nerdy Tim (played by Adam Brody) and starts to get serious for the first time, the nature of their friendship begins to shift. Fearing she's being cast aside, Sasha tries to keep their relationship the same, but does growing up also mean growing apart?

       

        This was and ok film. First off let me say that both Meester and Jacobs have excellent chemistry together and they both give really great performances. I also really like how the characters are developed and they become well-rounded figures. The film also has really great one-liners and they are so well timed that I actually laughed a lot. The problem with the film is that the story isn't really strong and a lot of things feel forced and the film comes off as generic and it just falls flat of being a really great Indie comedy/drama. Overall the film has great performances with some really great laughs, but everything feels so forced that it can become very boring, I give Life Partners a 6 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Life Partners, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment