Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My Review of Into the Woods

        So I recently watched Into the Woods and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Into The Woods (film).jpg

        "Into the Woods" is a modern twist on several of the beloved Brothers Grimm fairy tales, intertwining the plots of a few choice stories and exploring the consequences of the characters' wishes and quests. This humorous and heartfelt musical follows the classic tales of Cinderella (played by Anna Kendrick), Little Red Riding Hood (played by Lilla Crawford), Jack and the Beanstalk (played by Daniel Huttlestone), and Rapunzel (played by MacKenzie Mauzy)-all tied together by an original story involving a baker and his wife (played by James Corden and Emily Blunt respectively, their wish to begin a family and their interaction with the witch (played by Meryl Streep) who has put a curse on them.


        I was pleasantly surprised by the film. In all honesty I wasn't really expecting too much form the film, but it does have its redeeming qualities. One thing I really enjoyed was the musical number which were catchy and I was singing several of them after the film. I also really like how these classic fairy-tales were intertwined with each other and they flowed smoothly together. The performances in the film are also really great especially form Emily Blunt and Meryl Streep. My one big complaint from the film is the performance of Johnny Depp. He's only in the film for a short while,but still his scenes are cringe-worthy and every time I saw him I was immediately uninterested with the film. I will also say that there are a lot of parts that just drag on way too long and they were really boring, plus some of the musical numbers weren't that great and they highly annoyed me. Overall the film intertwines four classic fairy-tales togehter with great performances and songs, but ultimately has more bad performances and songs that take the movie down a notch. I give Into the Woods a 6.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Into the Woods, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment