Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My Review of Unbroken

        So I recently watched Unbroken and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.......





Unbroken poster.jpg

        Olympian and war hero Louis "Louie" Zamperini (played by Jack O'Connell) who, along with two other crewmen, survived in a raft for 47 days after a near-fatal plane crash in WWII-only to be caught by the Japanese Navy and sent to a prisoner-of-war camp.

       

        I was really disappointed by this film. I was looking forward to it becuase I was curious to see how Angelina Jolie would do in her directorial debut and because I love bio-pics. Thosetwo things were what disappointed me the most. The film itself really build one more of what Zamperini did before he was captured and it basically glosses over the real brutal stuff that would've made more of an emotional impact. The performance of Jack O'Connell is absolutely amazing and it is Oscar worthy, but expect to see O'Connell left out in the cold with so many other better performances. Also the film is just so beautifully shot by cinematographer Roger Deakins  who will receive a lot of attention at the Oscars. Now to Angelina Jolie, she proved that she can handle her own film and I feel that down the line that she could make some really classic films, but this film was just way too much of a reach for her and I think the film could have done better with a different director possibly the Coen brothers who wrote the script for the film. Overall this film has great performances but the lack of emotion and the bad direction leads to its ultimate downfall. I give Unbroken a 4 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Unbroken, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

2 comments:

  1. Just returned from watching the movie -----Save your time--Save your money--Save your brain--
    \

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say that. I mean it has a lot of flaws, but it does have some really great moments. But if that's how you feel then good for you all film is subjective.

      Delete