Sunday, July 6, 2014

My Review of Tammy

        So I recently watched Tammy and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado....................





Tammy poster.jpg

        Tammy (played by Melissa McCarthy) is having a bad day. She's totaled her clunker car, gotten fired from her thankless job at a greasy burger joint and, instead of finding comfort at home, finds her husband getting comfortable with the neighbor in her own house. It's time to take her boom box and book it. The bad news is she's broke and without wheels. The worse news is her grandma, Pearl (played by Susan Sarandon), is her only option-with a car, cash, and an itch to see Niagara Falls. Not exactly the escape Tammy had in mind. But on the road, with grandma riding shot gun, it may be just what Tammy needs.

       

        The film is flat out horrible and very disappointing. I mean look I really enjoy Melissa McCarthy, but in this film shes not funny at all and it makes the film really boring. I think that McCarthy has really gotten a big head thinking that she can just do comedy and stay relevant but in reality it's getting old. I feel that she should take a step towards the dramatic side like actors Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler have done an have proven to be successful. The film also wastes Susan Sarandon and has way to many things going on. It also introduces characters that aren't developed well enough to care for them. I did however like Kathy Bates in the film as in my mind she stole the film and there were a few good laughs but not enough to makeup for the lack of character development and a pretty terrible story. Overall the film is boring with a couple of good laughs. I give Tammy a 1 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Tammy, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.                                                                                                                                          
                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment