Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Review of And So It Goes

        So I recently watched And So It Goes and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.......





And So It Goes poster.jpg

        There are a million reasons not to like realtor Oren Little (played by Michael Douglas), and that's just the way he likes it. Willfully obnoxious to anyone who might cross his path, he wants nothing more than to sell one last house and retire in peace and quiet -- until his estranged son suddenly drops off a granddaughter (played by Sterling Jerins) he never knew existed and turns his life upside-down. Clueless about how to care for a sweet, abandoned nine-year-old, he pawns her off on his determined and lovable neighbor Leah (played by Diane Keaton) and tries to resume his life uninterrupted. But little by little, Oren stubbornly learns to open his heart - to his family, to Leah, and to life itself.

       

        This movie is just flat out terrible. I mean when you see Academy Award winning actors on screen you feel that you'll get great performances and in this case you don't. I firmly believe that Douglas and Keaton give their worst performances of the illustrious careers.  I also feel that director Rob Reiner (who I absolutely love) does a poor job at directing these two talented actors. The story is also boring and very flat and it brings nothing new to the table. It can also get a little too predictable and when it tires to be funny it just tries way to hard and the jokes are just a complete miss. I really do think however that the older audience (ages 60+) will really enjoy this film for what it's worth. It's also a film that I wouldn't rush to the theaters to see, so I would just wait for a possible RedBox rental or just catching it on TV whenever it comes on. Overall the film has two really talented actors and a great director, but it fails as an overall film and it was just an unnecessary film. I give And So It Goes a 0 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of And So It Goes, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment