Thursday, July 31, 2014

My Review of Begin Again

        So I recently watched Begin Again and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.............





Begin Again film poster 2014.jpg

        Gretta (played by Keira Knightley) and her long-time boyfriend Dave (played by Adam Levine) are college sweethearts and songwriting partners who decamp for New York when he lands a deal with a major label. But the trappings of his new-found fame soon tempt Dave to stray, and a reeling, lovelorn Gretta is left on her own. Her world takes a turn for the better when Dan (played by Mark Ruffalo), a disgraced record-label exec, stumbles upon her performing on an East Village stage and is immediately captivated by her raw talent.

       

        This movie was really surprising to me. It's a very light-hearted story but at sometimes it can be very dark and both blend nicely together. I also really liked the performances by the cast especially from Mark Ruffalo and Keira Knightley who really have great on-screen chemistry. I felt that the character development was really good in the film and it was really nice to get to know Ruffalo's characters backstory just a little bit more. I will also say the director John Carney does and amazing job with the cast and being able to use his style to the fullest. I will say however that the film is way to predictable and it's full of way obvious plot conveniences. Overall the film is smart and the most original film of year. I give Begin Again a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Begin Again, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment