Sunday, July 27, 2014

My Review of Hercules

        So I recently watched Hercules and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado..................





Hercules (2014 film).jpg

        Hercules (played by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson) has his life as a sword-for-hire tested when the King of Thrace seeks his aid in defeating a tyrannical warlord.

       

        This film was better than I thought it would be. This is possibly the best adaptation of the mythos of Hercules put on the big screen. The film is jammed packed with amazing visuals and really awesome fight sequences. It also blends in a lot of comedy (mostly provided by Ian McShane) into the film as well. The film also delivers a story that while interesting brings nothing new to the table. The film is also very poorly paced and with a runtime of 98 minutes, that is unacceptable in my book. Also whoever the casting director of is needs a raise immediately simply because this cast is simply amazing and getting The Rock to play Hercules is possibly the best casting decision of the decade. I was also impressed by Brett Ratner's directing abilities (eventhough I absolutely hate him as a person and a director) and this my possibly be his best film to date. Overall the film was action-packed with great acting but it didn't completely fill me proverbial  filmgoing appetite. I give Hercules a 7 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Hercules, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment