Sunday, July 6, 2014

My Review of Earth to Echo

        So I recently watched Earth to Echo and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado..........





Earth to Echo.jpg

        Tuck (played by Brian "Astro" Bradley), Munch (played by Reese Hartwig) and Alex (played by Teo Halm) are a trio of inseparable friends whose lives are about to change. Their neighborhood is being destroyed by a highway construction project that is forcing their families to move away. But just two days before they must part ways, the boys begin receiving a strange series of signals on their phones. Convinced something bigger is going on, they team up with another school friend, Emma (Ella Wahlestedt), and set out to look for the source of their phone signals. What they discover is something beyond their wildest imaginations: a small alien who has become stranded on Earth. In need of their help, the four friends come together to protect the alien and help him find his way home. This journey, full of wonder and adventure, is their story, and their secret.

       

        I thought this film was really good. It has a lot of throwbacks to classic 80's movies such as E.T. and The Goonies. I also really liked the child actors in the film as most for most of them it was their first film ever. I also really liked the pacing of the film and I was enthralled in the film the entire time. The film while it does throwback to films like E.T. and The Goonies it feels like a little bit of a ripoff but it does have it's own originality. I also didn't think that the found footage route shouldn't have been taken simply because it makes the film look sloppy. Overall the film is really good with a great omage to classic 80's films and it's fun PG film for the entire family. I give Earth to Echo a 6.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Earth to Echo, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                       Jonah Sparks  

No comments:

Post a Comment