Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Review of Deliver Us from Evil

        So I recently watched Deliver Us from Evil and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Deliver Us from Evil (2014 film) poster.jpg

        New York police officer Ralph Sarchie (played by Eric Bana), struggling with his own personal issues, begins investigating a series of disturbing and inexplicable crimes. He joins forces with an unconventional priest (played by Edgar Ramirez), schooled in the rituals of exorcism, to combat the frightening and demonic possessions that are terrorizing their city.

       

        I was actually surprised by the film. It has a really interesting story and it's probably the best possession film since The Exorcist (I can't believe I said that). I really liked the acting of Eric Bana and it was really nice to see Joel McHale step outside of his comfort zone and really take control of the role with this character and basically steal the movie. Scott Derrickson continues his hot streak of horror films (he also directed Sinister) and with this movie I'm sold on him directing Doctor Strange. The problem with the film is that it is really predictable, brings nothing to the table and it lands into my biggest pet peeve of a horror film not being released towards Halloween. Overall it's a really great addition to the horror genre but it's too predictable. I give  Deliver Us from Evil a 6 out of 10.

        so ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Deliver Us from Evil, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment