Sunday, July 27, 2014

My Review of Lucy

        So I recently watched Lucy and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.......................





Lucy (2014 film) poster.jpg

        Lucy (played by Scarlett Johansson) is a woman accidentally caught in a dark deal who turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.

       

        This film was relatively disappointing. The film has a really interesting concept and a lot of great action but it is all just way to over the top. The film takes the audience through mindless twists and turns that don't make much sense. Look Luc Besson is an amazing director (he directed The Fifth Element which is vastly underrated) but he fails to utilize the potential that the film had. The film is being compared to Limitless which is great but it's nowhere near the quality of Limitless and it simply just goes form one plot point to another without really giving any explanation. I really do however love Scarlett Johansson in the lead role and she completely owns the role and she proves that she is a viable leading lady in Hollywood and I expect her to get more roles like this in the future. Overall the film has some great action and concepts but it fails to capitalize on it's potential. I give Lucy a 4 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Lucy, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment