Monday, August 11, 2014

My Review of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

        So I recently watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film July 2014 poster.jpg

        The city needs heroes. Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder (played by Tohoru Masamune) and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April O'Neil (played by Megan Fox) and her wise-cracking cameraman Vern Fenwick (played by Will Arnett) to save the city and unravel Shredder's diabolical plan.


        This was actually better than I thought it would be. Going into the film I was really worried that the film would be another franchise ruined by Micheal Bay (eventhough he didn't direct he still produced the film) and it wasn't half bad. The film has a lot of great action sequences that keep you entertained and it has a great sense of comedic timing and the jokes in the film are really great. I also know a lot of people complained about the look of the turtles, but I thought they looked amazing. Now I will say that the film does have a few Micheal Bay mannerisms but there is not many of them. I also thought that the hunman actors were actually pretty pathetic and very boring. Also Willaim Fichtner was a complete waste as was Shredder who was in the film for 4 scenes. The film's plot was also very thin, pretty boring and very predictable. Overall the film is entertaining but has underused and boring villains. I give Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles a 6 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014), what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard

No comments:

Post a Comment