Monday, August 18, 2014

My Review of The Giver

        So I recently watched The Giver and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado................





-

        Jonas (played by Brenton Thwaites), is a young man who lives in a seemingly ideal, if colorless, world of conformity and contentment. Yet as he begins to spend time with The Giver (played by Jeff Bridges), who is the sole keeper of all the community's memories, Jonas quickly begins to discover the dark and deadly truths of his community's secret past. With this newfound power of knowledge, he realizes that the stakes are higher than imagined - a matter of life and death for himself and those he loves most. At extreme odds, Jonas knows that he must escape their world to protect them all - a challenge that no one has ever succeeded at before.

       

        This movie is pure crap. I mean the whole plot of the film has been done over and over and over again. The whole plotline of "something bad happened in the world and now it takes place in a dystopian society and it's up to one person who goes against the grain to save humanity but attempts will be made by this all powerful leader to stop the hero at no cost", sounds like The Hunger Games and Divergent to me. Plus the film has two excellent Academy Award winning actors in Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges in the film and they are flat out horrible. I didn't read the book so I don't know if this is apart of it or not, but I really did like how most of the film was in black and white and it really changed the mood over the movie for me (I'm a huge fan of black and white). Overall the film is predictable and brings nothing new to the table. I give The Giver a 1 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Giver, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment