Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My Review of A Most Wanted Man

        So I recently watched A Most Wanted Man and 'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





A Most Wanted Man Poster.jpg

        When a half-Chechen, half-Russian, brutally tortured immigrant turns up in Hamburg's Islamic community, laying claim to his father's ill-gotten fortune, both German and US security agencies take a close interest: as the clock ticks down and the stakes rise, the race is on to establish this most wanted man's true identity - oppressed victim or destruction-bent extremist?

        I really enjoyed the more than I thought I would. I want to say that I'm not really a huge fan of the mystery/suspense genre but I will say that this is one of the better films from the genre that I've seen in a while. I will also say that in Phillip Seymour Hoffman's final fully completed film he gives a better performance than the one that won him an Academy Award for his work on Capote. I won't say that he deserves to win but I feel that the Academy should posthumously nominate him for his amazing work on this film and it would be great tribute to the late actor. The film has a lot of great twists and turn that take to unexpected palces and it brings a few great comedic moments as well. The film however really doesn't start getting really interesting until the last 30 minutes and it has oace that is awfully slow and it drags the film on longer than it should be. Overall the film offers us a great performance and a really interestingbut yet the film is dragged down through pacing and predictable outcomes. I give A Most Wanted Man an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment