Sunday, August 3, 2014

My Review of Get on Up

        So I recently watched Get on Up and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...............





Get On Up poster.jpg

        Based on the incredible life story of the Godfather of Soul, the film will give a fearless look inside the music, moves and moods of James Brown (played by Chadwick Boseman), taking audiences on the journey from his impoverished childhood to his evolution into one of the most influential figures of the 20th century.

       

        This film was really amazing. Director Tate Taylor does a really great job of bringing the story of James Brown to life and it really informed me on a lot of things that I didn't know about the Godfather of Soul. I do want to say that as of right now Chadwick Boseman has the Academy Award for Best Actor locked up. He does and amazing job of portraying James Brown. The supporting cast does a really solid job and I loved the performances of both Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer. I also really liked how the film didn't stick to the normal routine that Bio-pics usually play out and the film really focused more on the character than the music itself.  My main problem with the film is that it really doesn't resolve any of the issues that Brown faced during his hectic life and it really just didn't expand or come to any conclusions with anything. Overall the film is spectacular and Chadwick Boseman gives what is the performance of the decade so far and it will be remembered for the rest of time. I give Get on Up a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Get on Up, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment