Monday, December 30, 2013

My Top 10 Least Favorite Films Of 2013

        So this past yer in movies has been one of the best in recent memory. In my personal opinion 75% of the movies to be released this year (mostly after the month of August) have been from good to memorably awesome. With that being said it is also my opinion that 25% of the films this year were from bad to memorably awful. So today I'm going to bring you My Top 10 Least Favorite Films of 2013 (NOTE: the list is not in order of the score I gave them). So without further ado...






10. The Great Gatsby
TheGreatGatsby2012Poster.jpg

        I'll probably catch some heat on this but I honestly don't care. In reality I was very disappointed in this film mainly because I loved the 1974 film and I was excited to see a modern take on the story, but what I got in return was a over-hyped awful 3D music video. To be honest the film bored me so bad that I fell asleep.






9. Runner Runner
Runner Runner film poster.jpg

        When this movie came out it was coming of the heels of the announcement that Ben Affleck was going to be Batman/Bruce Wayne as well as Ben Affleck being on fire with his film Argo winning Best Picture earlier in year. So it was safe to say that the film would be good right? Well instead we got an overly long and very confusing piece of garbage. Now don't get me wrong Affleck and his co-star Justin Timberlake give good performances with very little to work with in what was a horrible script.






8. The Internship
The-internship-poster.jpg

        The last time we had seen Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn were leading actors in a movie together we got the very funny Wedding Crashers and most thought that the chemistry would work again. Well instead we got a not so very funny movie and a look at the downward spiral of Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn's careers.






7. Carrie
Carrie Domestic One-sheet.jpg

        Here is another movie that I was excited for because I loved the original one. This film was a loaded mess with such a talented cast that had the worst performances of their careers. This film brought nothing new to the story except simply following the book a lot more closely and once again my argument is valid in saying that THE BOOK DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






6. Scary Movie 5
ScaryMovie5.jpg

        In all honesty this franchise has gone to hell and the films have gotten progressively worst since the first film (which I absolutely love). I didn't laugh one single solitary time and I honestly question why I paid money to see the film. Spoof comedies have gone down the toilet and I don't think they will ever be as good as they once were when the Naked Gun, Airplane and Hot Shot franchises were coming out on to the big screen.






5. Movie 43
Movie 43 poster.jpg

        What more can I say about the film other than that it honestly the biggest piece of crap that I have ever seen come out of Hollywood. It's an awful waste of excellent A-List actors and created by the guy's who directed such great films as Dumb and Dumber, There's Something About Mary, Shallow Hal and Me,Myself and Irene. The movie is so bad that none of the actors promoted the film and some have gone on record that they would rather die if the were offered the script again.






4. Grown Ups 2
Grown Ups 2 Poster.jpg

        In a review I read for this movie from Richard Roeper of The Chicago Sun-Times and he said "When Taylor Lautner is the funniest thing in a movie starring Adam Sandler and Chris Rock, we're in trouble" and I most certainly agree with him. If you went to see this movie its opening weekend instead of Pacific Rim, then in my opinion you wasted your time and money. As I said in an earlier blog post Sandler needs to do away with his directing buddy Dennis Dugan (who is the worst director of all-time) and get back to doing dramatic roles. When you can obviously tell that the main cast isn't really trying and the best part is a plethora of cameos, then the movie will automatically be bad.






3. The Lone Ranger 
TheLoneRanger2013Poster.jpg

        This film was absolutely dreadful and has some of the worst film-making I have ever seen. the film was so bad that producer Jerry Bruckheimer (who has done a plethora of films for Disney) was released out of his contract. Also here is another film with Johnny Depp playing Jack Sparrow in a non Pirates of the Caribbean film. The film was dreadful and I only enjoyed the last 20 minutes of the film when it actually felt like an action film.






2. After Earth
After Earth Poster.jpg

        All I'm going to say is Will Smith needs to stop protecting and babying his son and let him go out and make his own film choices. The film was horribly marketed to make it seem like Will Smith would be the main actor but instead we got the always whiny Jaden Smith, also dealing with marketing, during TV spots and trailers nobody outside of Hollywood knew that M. Night Shyamalan was the director and it shows that he is film cancer.






1. Free Birds
Free Birds poster.jpg

        We have finally arrived to my least favorite film of the year and its hard to believe that an animated film tops the list. I absolutely love animated films because they always have nice blend of heart and comedy for both kids and adults. Well this one has none of that and it has a stupid plot. It also has the distinct honor of having my lowest rating of the year in a 0.5 out of 10.



        So ladies and gentlemen what do you think of my list, are there any surprises and what are some of your least favorite films of 2013? Let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment