Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Review of Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom

        So I recently watched Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, and I'm here to give you my review so without further ado...





Mandela - Long Walk to Freedom poster.jpg

        Mandela:Long Walk to Freedom is based on South African President Nelson Mandela's autobiography of the same name, which chronicles Mandela's (played by Idris Elba) early life,coming of age and his 27 years in prison before becoming President and working to rebuild the country's once segregated society.

        I thought the film was very good. Idris Elba gives us a new dimension and portrayal of the character and does almost as well as Morgan Freeman did in Invictus. One of the main problems with the film is that it felt very rushed and it crams a lot of information down your throat in a 2 1/2 hour movie and I fell that for it not to be rushed the film could have went well over 3 hours and I understand why it didn't. With having to put a lot of information into a film I really like what director Justin Chadwick did, so overall I give the film a 7.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                        Jonah Sparks








No comments:

Post a Comment