Saturday, December 28, 2013

My Review of The Wolf of Wall Street

        So I recently watched The Wolf of Wall Street and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





WallStreet2013poster.jpg

        In 1987, Jordan Belfort (played by Leonardo DiCaprio) takes an entry-level job at a Wall Street brokerage firm. By the early 1990s, while still in his 20s, Belfort founds his own firm, Stratton Oakmont. Together with his trusted lieutenant Donnie Azoff (played by Jonah Hill) and a merry band of brokers, Belfort makes a huge fortune by defrauding wealthy investors out of millions. However, while Belfort and his cronies partake in a hedonistic brew of sex, drugs and thrills, the SEC and the FBI close in on his empire of excess.

       

        I absolutely loved this movie. The chemistry between Director Martin Scorsese and DiCaprio has never been better and it shows through DiCaprio's performance. This entertained me and it made me laugh a lot. The supporting cast which includes Matthew McConaughey (who is only in the film for about 10 minutes), Jonah Hill, Rob Reiner and Kyle Chandler is outstanding. Not knowing anything about the life of Jordan Belfort beforehand was a big help as the movie was unpredictable and it kept me on the edge of my seat. This film has major Oscar buzz surrounding as well as Scorsese, DiCaprio and Hill. If any of these 4 are to be nominated the one most likely to win would be DiCaprio who year after year is snubbed of the Oscar or even a nomination and though it will be tough especially with the likelihood of Chiwetel Ejiofor being nominated for his work in 12 Years A Slave. Now with all of the positiveness for the film I do have one negative... The Length and pacing. The length of the film is 3 hours and while your sitting in the theater you can really tell. By the beginning of the 3rd act I had felt like I was in there for 3 hours but in reality I was only in the for 2. With that being said I'm going to give The Wolf of Wall Street a 9.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Wolf of Wall Street, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                        Jonah Sparks














2 comments:

  1. Good review Jonah. Movies like this I usually love, and this one was no different. It's just three-hours long, that's all.

    ReplyDelete