Friday, December 20, 2013

My Review of Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

        In honor of Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues being released this week, I've decided that I am going to review the fist film Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. So without further ado...





Movie poster Anchorman The Legend of Ron Burgundy.jpg

        Ron Burgundy (played by Will Ferrell) is the top rated anchorman in San Diego in the 1970's , but when feminism marches into the newsroom in the form of ambitious newswoman Veronica Corningstone, Ron is willing to play along at first (as long as Veronica stays in her place covering cat fashion shows, cooking and other "female" interests). But when Veronica refuses to settle for being eye candy and steps behind the news desk, it's more than a battle between two perfectly coiffed anchor-persons... it's war. 



        I absolutely love this movie its hilarious with great comedic timing and it is one of my favorite comedy films of all-time This is Will Ferrell's best and funniest performances. The main problem I have with the film is that there is no plot but with this type of film there really doesn't need to be one. Overall I'm going to give the film a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what do you think of Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comment section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment