Saturday, December 7, 2013

My Review of Inside Llewyn Davis

        So I recently watched Inside Llewyn Davis and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...






Inside Llewyn Davis Poster.jpg

        The film focuses on one week in the life of a talented but struggling folk singer named Llewyn Davis (played by Oscar Issac) as he navigates the Greenwich Village folk scene of 1961. Guitar in to. huddled against the unforgiving New York, he is struggling to make it as a musician against seemingly insurmountable obstacles (some of which are his own making).

        I actually enjoyed this film more than I expected. Oscar Issac gives an Oscar award worthy performance. The Coen brothers have done it again with another masterfully directed film. This film is an amazing outlook of the 1960's folk scene. The supporting cast gives good performances as well. The weakness of the film is that at point it begins to get really boring and viewers may become uninterested. Overall I give the film a 8.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Inside Llewyn Davis, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? let me know in the comments and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                    Jonah Sparks








                                                                                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment