Friday, December 27, 2013

My Review of Grudge Match

        So I recently watched Grudge Match and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.........





Grudge Match Poster.jpg

        Two retired Pittsburgh boxers,[3] Billy "The Kid" McDonnen (played by Robert De Niro) and Henry "Razor" Sharp (played by Sylvester Stallone), have an unsettled thirty-year-old grudge. It revolves around the fact that Razor retired the night before their match for the title, thus destroying both of their careers. Now they have an opportunity to get the score even with one last rematch, it will be hard to stay focused while they are blowing up on social networks and struggling physically with their age and the training.

       

        I was very disappointed in the film. When you have two of the greatest actors of all-time in Academy Award winners in Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone, you should have a way better story and way better acting. When I fist heard about the film I was really excited because I wanted to see a mash-up of Raging Bull's Lake LaMotta and Rocky's Rocky Balboa (both are characters played by De Niro and Stallone), but all we got was a comedy with really bad storytelling and very bad comedy. Another problem I had was that I thought the film would never end. The one thing that I actually liked about it was the acting of Kevin Hart, who in a bad comedy gives us the best laughs of the movie. Overall I give Grudge Match a 5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Grudge Match, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                 Jonah Sparks














No comments:

Post a Comment