Thursday, December 26, 2013

My Review of 47 Ronin

        So I recently watched 47 Ronin and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.................





47Ronin2012Poster.jpg

        The outcast Kai (played by Keanu Reeves), illegitimate son of a British sailor and a Japanese peasant woman, joins a group of Ronin, led by Kuranosuke Oishi (played by Hiroyuki Sanada), who seeks vengeance on Lord Kira (played by Tadanobu Asano), a ruthless man who killed their master and banished the group. The Ronin embark on a journey with challenges that would defeat most warriors.

     


        I was really disappointed in this film. The action in the film was really good and Keanu Reeves gives a decent performance. The main problem with the film for me was that the supporting cast was dumb, dull and very, very, very boring. Another problem is the storytelling is the sense that you really don't get to learn much about the 47 Ronin and their impact in Chinese mythology. Another problem is that I was shocked at how pathetic the attempt that the filmmakers made at a fantasy/action movie. I say that because they added CGI dragons, yes I said dragons when there was absolutely no need for them. Adding those dragons pushed the budget of the film to $225 million and as of right now its only made $6 so its going to cost Universal Studios a lot of money. Overall I give 47 Ronin a 4.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of 47 Ronin, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

     








No comments:

Post a Comment