Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Review of Black Nativity

        So recently I watched Black Nativity and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.........





Black Nativity.jpg

        After his mother, Naima (played by Jennifer Hudson), is evicted from their Baltimore apartment; teenage Langston (played by Jacob Latimore) is sent to spend the holidays with his estranged relatives in New York City, where he embarks on a surprising and inspirational journey and along with new friends, and a little divine intervention, he discovers the true meaning of faith, healing and family.

        I thought this movie was very good for a B movie and I feel that it probably should've been a direct to DVD movie or TV movie, not a theatrical release. I love the ensemble cast as they give pretty good performances (compared to the Academy Award winning  performances of cast members Jennifer Hudson and Forrest Whitaker an Academy Award nominee Angela Bassett)  and I love what Kasi Lemmons did by turning a Langston Hughes poem into a feature length film. Overall I give the film a 6 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Black Nativity, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                     Jonah Sparks









No comments:

Post a Comment