Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My Review of Oldboy

        So I recently watched Oldboy and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...................





Oldboy 2013 film poster.jpg

        An advertising executive named Joe Doucett (played by Josh Brolin) who was inexplicably abducted and placed in solitary confinement for 20 years. Upon being released Joe teams up with a young social worker named Marie (played by Elisabeth Olsen) in his desperate search for answers to seek revenge on his captors, only to fall into a treacherous web of conspiracy that could be his undoing.

        I thought this film was OK. It is a remake of Park Chan-wook's 2003 South Korean film and it is directed by Spike Lee. I have seen the original Oldboy and the newer version doesn't even come close to touching how awesome the original was. The talented cast does great work with such little to work in what is Spike Lee's worst film to date. Overall I give the film a 6 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Oldboy, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments and let your voice be heard.
     
                                                                                                            Jonah Sparks

















1 comment:

  1. Good review Jonah. Better than most remakes, so take with that what you will.

    ReplyDelete