Thursday, August 20, 2015

My Review of Sinister

        With Sinister 2 being released this weekend, I thought it would be fitting to review its predecessor Sinister. So without further ado...





SinisterMoviePoster2012.jpg

        A true crime novelist (played by Ethan Hawke), discovers a box of mysterious, disturbing home movies that plunge his family into a nightmarish experience of supernatural horror.

       

        This was a pretty great film. First off I want to give kudos to director Scott Derrickson who did such a fantastic job directing the film and being able to scare me which a lot of horror films haven't been able to do lately and for also creating new generation horror icon in Bughuul  aka "Mr. Boogie". I really did think the graphic scenes were pretty dark and disgusting and the film took chances which I also loved. I thought the performances were fantastic especially from Ethan Hawke who gives one of the best performances of his career. While the film does rely on a lot of jump scares, some of them did work and it helped make the film less predictable than other horror films. I will say that while the story is pretty interesting and somewhat original, I didn't get a good feel for it and it seemed a little too plain. Overall this is a really solid horror film that I guarantee will scare a lot of people. I give Sinister a 6 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Sinister, are you excited for Sinister 2 and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment