Sunday, August 9, 2015

My Review of Fantastic Four (2015)

        So I recently watched Fantastic Four (2015) and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Fantastic Four 2015 poster.jpg

        A contemporary re-imagining of Marvel's original and longest-running superhero team, centers on four young outsiders who teleport to an alternate and dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.

     

        This was actually a pretty decent film. Now a lot of you are probably going to be shocked by that because of the pretty terrible reviews that the film is getting and plus I tend to agree with critics most of the time, but this time I don't. It's not the greatest film in the world, but it's not terrible. The first two acts of the film are great and I thought the origin stories around some of the characters were solid and in depth and the film does build on some relationships. The film doesn't develop every character in the film well (other than a couple) especially the relationship between Sue and Johnny and how Sue being adopted effects their relationship or how never get to see them together until halfway through the film. I thought the visual effects were spectacular and their isn't a whole lot of action in the film which is pretty disappointing, but the action scenes in the film were pretty darn good. The film felt rushed in every aspect and the dialogue was really choppy and it didn't connect well throughout the film. I also thought that they too much time on the origin story and how they got their power and came to be the Fantastic Four. The last 30 minutes of the film are petty bad because it moves the film along way too quick and you don't get any ultimate payoff from it. Overall this was a film I have been defending from the moment go and while it did disappoint me in a few areas and a few of my expectations were met. I give Fantastic Four a 5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Fantastic Four, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment