Sunday, August 2, 2015

My Review of Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

        So I recently watched Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





A graphic promotional film poster

        With the IMF disbanded, and Ethan (played by Tom Cruise) out in the cold, the team now faces off against a network of highly skilled special agents, the Syndicate. These highly trained operatives are hellbent on creating a new world order through an escalating series of terrorist attacks. Ethan gathers his team and joins forces with disavowed British agent Ilsa Faust (played by Rebecca Ferguson), who may or may not be a member of this rogue nation, as the group faces their most impossible mission yet.

       

        This is a really amazing movie. As a lot of you know I'm a fan of the Mission Impossible franchise and too many each film has gotten better and better and I tend to agree with that statement becasue this film just takes the franchise to new heights. Tom Cruise is the ultimate risk taker and he has proven that with every film and this one proves that he is the ultimate action star. The movie is just a constant action film and you get that feeling from the opening scene. The film is beautifully paced and it has a good mixture of action with comedic mostly coming between Cruise and Simon Pegg. I also liked how Ving Rhames was used more in the film after having a pretty minor part in each of the previous 4 films. I will say that the plot is pretty weak and it really isn't the strongest story (that distinction goes to Mission Impossible III). While the film does try to top previous entries when it comes to action, it often at times becomes over-whelming for me. Overall this is a really solid film and a great summer blockbuster, but it fails to improve in several areas from the previous films. I give Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment