Wednesday, August 5, 2015

My Review of The End Of The Tour

        So I recently watched The End Of The Tour and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





The End of the Tour.jpg

        In 1996, immediately after the publication of his second novel, both widely known and successful novel, Infinite Jest, David Foster Wallace (played by Jason Segel) goes on a five-day touring interview with Rolling Stone reporter and writer David Lipsky (played by Jesse Eisenberg). Through the trip, the two men became closer, find humor and fun and also discover one another's weak spots.

       

        This was a really great film. The film is one of the more interesting films of the year and one of the best bio-pics I've seen in a long time. Jason Segal turns in a career defining performance as David foster Wallace and he has a very good shot to get an Academy Award nomination and so does Jess Eisenberg who really plays well off of Segal and they have pretty great chemistry. The film does present a real nice insight into the life of David Foster Wallace and you do get hints towards the demons he was facing in his mind back in 1996 and in which he ultimately lost that battle in 2008 when he committed suicide and I'm sorry if that spoils the movie, but it happened 7 years ago so read up on it before you see the film. It's a an excellent character study on the human mind and condition. I will say that the film does move at a pretty slow pace and there wasn't enough drama behind it during the impactful moments. Overall this is an amazing film that I think everyone should see, but be prepared to be in for the long-haul. I give The End Of The Tour a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The End Of The Tour, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment