Sunday, February 8, 2015

My Review of The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water

        So I recently watched The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





SB-2 poster.jpg

        A pirate named Burger-Beard (played by Antonio Banderas) travels to an island to obtain a magical book that tells the tale of SpongeBob (voiced by Tom Kenny) and his adventures, and the book can make whatever is written in it come true. Burger Beard discovers that the completing page of the book is missing and seeks to find it to harness the book's power, and the page happens to be the Krabby Patty secret recipe.

       

        This was actually a really nice little film. As I said in my review of the first SpongeBob movie (which you can find here) I was a huge fan of the tv show when I was younger and I feel that this film does the show justice and keeps with the humor of the show as well. The story of the film isn't the strongest ever, but it does keep you interested throughout. It also has some really great humor eventhough not of the jokes really hit home like they were intended to. Another problem I had was the film was marketed a little with the fact that it seemed like the film would entirely be in the 3D animation mixed live-action throughout and that doesn't happen til the last 15 or so minutes of the film and I thought that was a little misleading. Overall this was a fun film that did justice to the show, but a lot of small things hurt the film in the bigger picture. I give The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water a 6.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment