Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My Review of The Duff

        So I recently watched The Duff and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado........





The Duff poster.jpg

        Bianca (played by Mae Whitman) is a content high school senior whose world is shattered when she learns the student body knows her as 'The DUFF' (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) to her prettier, more popular friends (played by Skyler Samuels & Bianca Santos). Now, despite the words of caution from her favorite teacher (played by Ken Jeong), she puts aside the potential distraction of her crush, Toby (played by Nick Eversman), and enlists Wesley (played by Robbie Amell), a slick but charming jock, to help reinvent herself. To save her senior year from turning into a total disaster, Bianca must find the confidence to overthrow the school's ruthless label maker Madison (played by Bella Thorne) and remind everyone that no matter what people look or act like, we are all someone's DUFF.

       

        This was an ok film. Eventhough the film does have a really good plot, it's one we've seen before, but this film does a nice job of trying to make it not so predictable. I really like the performance of Maw Whitman and she has great comedic timing and I could easily see her in a lot of films in the near future. I also like the supporting cast as they do a good enough job to keep the film flowing at a nice smooth pace. The film has a really good heartfelt message and it is one of the best teen comedies I've seen in awhile. Overall the film is predictable through most parts, but it's interesting enough to keep your attention and it spreads a good message. I give The Duff a 6.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Duff, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment