Sunday, June 29, 2014

My Review of Transformers: Age of Extinction

        So I recently watched of Transformers: Age of Extinction and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Transformers Age of Extinction Poster.jpeg

        An epic battle left a great city torn, but with the world saved. As humanity picks up the pieces, a shadowy group reveals itself in an attempt to control the direction of history...while an ancient, powerful new menace sets Earth in its crosshairs. With help from a new cast of humans (led by Mark Wahlberg), Optimus Prime (voiced by Peter Cullen) and the Autobots rise to meet their most fearsome challenge yet. In an incredible adventure, they are swept up in a war of good and evil, ultimately leading to a climactic battle across the world. 



        What in god's name did I just watch. This film is flat out horrible. I don't think I've ever been so bored in my entire life. The film brings nothing new or interesting the franchise. I mean using a big bad guy who thinks he's doing good and in the end is doing something really bad, I just explained Patrick Dempsey Character from the third film and Kelsey Grammar's character from this film. Plus add in the fact that he's a government guy and I just explained John Benjamin Hickey's character from the second film. Plus let me describe another character a guy who thinks he's a bigshot bad ends up changing sides while having a few comedic moments as well as a lot of over-the-top antics, I just explained John Turturro's character form the first three film and Stanley Tucci's character form this one. I did however like Stanley Tucci's performance as well as Mark Wahlberg's. Oh and what happened to the Dinobots, I was promised Dinobots and I got them for 10 minutes I mean seriously. Plus the movie is full of conveniences that don't make sense. There were some cool action scenes but most were just loud, annoying and used way to much. While there are a few comedic moments from Stanley Tucci and T.J. Miller's underused and short lived character. See it's these recycled characters, recycled storyline (if you can find one in this film), long runtime of almost 3 hours (there is a good 45 minutes they could have cut from the movie), uninteresting humans so many plot lines going on at once and a bad story you get a crappy film the deservedly doesn't even deserve a score from me. Overall the film is garbage and when the fifth film comes out (we all know it will) please let someone beside Micheal Bay direct. I give Transformers: Age of Extinction a 1.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Transformers: Age of Extinction, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                       Jonah Sparks  

No comments:

Post a Comment