Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Review of How to Train Your Dragon

        In honor of How to Train Your Dragon 2 being released this weekend, I thought it would be appropriate to review the first film in the franchise How to Train Your Dragon. So without further ado...





How to Train Your Dragon Poster.jpg

        The son of a Viking chief must capture a dragon in order to mark his passage into manhood and prove his worthiness to the tribe.

       

        I really enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would. The story of the film is wonderful as it teaches us both love and compassion through friendship. The voice cast in the film is amazing and it's probably one of the better ensembles put togehter for an animated film that I have seen in a while. The film also has a lot of great action scenes (especially the final battle) and they are great to see in 3D. Plus the dialogue in the film is pretty witty and their is a lot of great comedic moments. I should also add that the score is phenomenal and it really drives most of the move. The film suffers in the areas of pacing, a couple of boring characters and visuals that look horrible in 2D. Overall I love the film and it made me feel like a kid again. I give How to Train Your Dragon a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what do you think of How to Train Your Dragon, what would you rate it, what did you think of my review and are you excited for How to Train Your Dragon 2? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment