Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Review of Edge of Tomorrow

        So I recently watched Edge of Tomorrow and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





A man and a woman, wearing battle exosuits and looking battle-worn, stand against an urban background devastated by war.

        Major William Cage (played by Tom Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously dropped into what amounts to a suicide mission. Killed within minutes, Cage now finds himself inexplicably thrown into a time loop-forcing him to live out the same brutal combat over and over, fighting and dying again...and again. But with each battle, Cage becomes able to engage the adversaries with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (played by Emily Blunt). And, as Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated encounter gets them one step closer to defeating the enemy.

       

        I was pleasantly surprised by the film. The film is action-packed with a very good story. Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt give outstanding performances and speaking of Tom Cruise I feel that he is back to his old form of making great films. I wasn't too excited for Director Doug Liman to take on the project but I was fooled in that  department as well. I felt that the film was a little rushed (especially the ending which can also be accredited to the 1 hour and 53 minute runtime). But on a side note the film is really good and to the people of Warner Bros., you really screwed the pooch on this one with horrible marketing and horrible trailers. The film is spectacular and shame on you for your lack of faith. But overall it's one of the better sci-fi films I have seen in a while. I'm going to give Edge of Tomorrow a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Edge of Tomorrow, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment