Saturday, June 14, 2014

My Review of 21 Jump Street

        In honor of 22 Jump Street being released this weekend, I thought it would be fitting to review the first film in the franchise 21 Jump Street. So without further ado...





21JumpStreetfilm.jpg

        Schmidt (played by Jonah Hill) and Jenko (played by Channing Tatum) are more than ready to leave their adolescent problems behind. Joining the police force and the secret Jump Street unit, they use their youthful appearances to go undercover in a local high school. As they trade in their guns and badges for backpacks, Schmidt and Jenko risk their lives to investigate a violent and dangerous drug ring. But they find that high school is nothing like they left it just a few years earlier - and neither expects that they will have to confront the terror and anxiety of being a teenager again and all the issues they thought they had left behind.

     

        I was really surprised by the film. The reason why I was so surprised is because of how serious the tv show was and I just didn't think that a comedy could do the show justice and boy was I surprised. I thought the film was just absolutely hilarious and left me wanting more. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum (who has transformed himself into a magnificent actor) work well together and I honestly feel that these two could do this for a long time. It was really refreshing to see a comedy that actually had a good story behind it to go along with the humor. Speaking of the humor there are a lot of very memorable jokes and lines that will stand the test of time. I thought the supporting performances of Ice Cube and Rob Riggle were just awesome. Now while the story is good, it also a little sloppy and some of the jokes just didn't really hit home with me. Overall I really enjoyed the film and let's hope the sequel can do just as well if not better. I give 21 Jump Street a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of 21 Jump Street, what would you rate it, what did you think of my review and are you excited for 22 Jump Street? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment