Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Review of A Million Ways to Die in the West

        So I recently watched A Million Ways to Die in the West and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





A Million Ways to Die in the West poster.jpg

        After Albert (played by Seth McFarlane) backs out of a gunfight, his fickle girlfriend Louise (played by Amanda Seyfried) leaves him for another man. When a mysterious and beautiful woman named Anna (played by Charlize Theron) rides into town, she helps him find his courage and they begin to fall in love. But when her husband Clinch Leatherwood (played by Liam Neeson), a notorious outlaw, arrives seeking revenge, the farmer must put his newfound courage to the test.

     

        I was really disappointed by the film. Some of the jokes were just not funny whatsoever, the movie was way longer than it should have been. Most of the really good jokes were given away in the trailers and Seth McFarlane can't do live action comedy (except for when he hosted The Oscars in which I thought he was great). I've heard some people compare this film to a modern day Blazing Saddles, and all I can say is those people are really ignorant  because the film doesn't come close to even being on the same level as Blazing Saddles. Plus on top of everything else Liam Neeson is in the movie for about 20 minutes and is a wasted character. Also the film is very predictable. Now to light side of things, Giovanni Ribisi and Neil Patrick Harris are the only two real bright spots in the film and the film does have a lot of good cameos (one in particular involves Gilbert Gottfired and it is flat out hilarious). Overall the film is just like a really bad two hour episode of Family Guy and I hope that McFarlane can bounce back with Ted 2 next summer. I give A Million Ways to die in the West a 5.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of A Million Ways to Die in the West, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment