Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My Review of The Rover

        So I recently watched The Rover and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...............





The Rover-2013.jpg

        Hardened loner Eric (played by Guy Pearce) who travels the desolate towns and roads of the outback. When a gang of thieves steals his car they leave behind a wounded Rey (played by Robert Pattinson) in their wake. Forcing Rey to help track the gang, Eric will go to any lengths to take back the one thing that still matters to him.

       

        I was actually surprised by the film. Let me just give a tip of the hat to director David Michôd who creates a bleak but visually perfect dystopian future. The performances in the film are just simply spectacular as Guy Pearce gives another great performance and (I thought I would hear myself ever say this) Robert Pattinson gives a spectacular performance that could land him an Oscar nomination. The film also has a very dark tone to it that just fits in with the story so well plus the ;while the pace is very slow and methodical that just captivates you and the film isn't for the weak at heart. The problem with the film is that with the slow pace, there are a lot of very boring and long drawn out parts that can take you out of the film. Overall I loved the film and it is the biggest surprise of the summer. I give The Rover an 8 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Rover, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment