Thursday, January 30, 2014

My Review of The Invisible Woman

           So I recently watched The Invisible Woman and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...







The Invisible Woman poster.jpg












     
        Nelly (played by Felicity Jones), a happily-married mother and schoolteacher, is haunted by her past. Her memories, provoked by remorse and guilt, take us back in time to follow the story of her relationship with Charles Dickens (played by Ralph Fiennes) with whom she discovered an exciting but fragile complicity. Dickens – famous, controlling and emotionally isolated within his success – falls for Nelly, who comes from a family of actors. The theatre is a vital arena for Dickens – a brilliant amateur actor – a man more emotionally coherent on the page or on stage, than in life. As Nelly becomes the focus of Dickens’ passion and his muse, for both of them secrecy is the price, and for Nelly a life of “invisibility”.

     

        I really enjoyed this movie more than I expected. Ralph Fiennes gives one of his best performances as well as Felicity Jones. The Set pieces are amazing and the semi-dark tone works really well for this movie. I usually complain about pacing in movies but the pacing is beautiful for this type of film and its just overall magnificent. Ralph Fiennes does a masterful job at directing this film to give us a new insight on the great Charles Dickens. Overall I give The Invisible Woman a 10 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Invisible Woman, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks




No comments:

Post a Comment