Friday, October 18, 2013

My Review of Captain Philips

So I recently watched Captain Phillips and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado......



Captain Phillips Poster.jpg

        The film is based on the true story of Richard Philips (played by Tom Hanks) who is captain of the American container ship MV Maersk Alabama, when in April 2009, it is hijacked of the coast of Somalia by a crew of Somali pirates led by Muse (played by Barkhad Abdi). Philips endures a grueling ordeal, first o the ship, working to protect his crew, and then having been taken hostage on a lifeboat.

        This film is breathtaking and it sends you on thrill ride from the very beginning. Tom Hanks gives one of his best performances on his career and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins an Academy Award while possibly getting a double nomination playing Walt Disney in the upcoming Saving Mr.Banks. Overall I really enjoyed the film and had a good time with it so I give the film a 9.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Captain Philips, what would you score it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments and let your voice be heard.
                                                                                             
                                                                                                Jonah Sparks












No comments:

Post a Comment