Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My Dark Knight Trilogy Review

        What do you get when you combine one of my loves in movies and my favorite superhero of all-time, you get what is one of the greatest trilogies of all-time. That's right I'm talking about The Dark Knight Trilogy, today I'm going to bring you y review of this wonderful and magnificent trilogy. So without further ado....




Batman Begins
A man in a batsuit spreads his wings while looking down. Tall skyscrapers extend above and bats fly around him. 

        This film is great and it is my second favorite film in the trilogy. It stars Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne, Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth, Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul, Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes and Gary Oldman as James Gordan. The film reboots the Batman film series, telling the origin story of the character from Bruce Wayne's initial fear of bats, the death of his parents, his journey to become Batman and hi fight against Ra's al Ghul's pot to destroy Gotham City. This film is one of my favorite Batman films and it is a perfect retelling of the story. I give the film a 9 out of 10. 



The Dark Knight 
Dark Knight.jpg

        Now this film tops two of my lists in my favorite comic book movie of all-time and it is also my favorite film of all-time. It stars Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Heath Ledger as The Joker, Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth, Gary Oldman as James Gordan, Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent/Two-Face, Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox. In this film Batman raises the stakes on his war on crime. With the help of Lt. Jim Gordan and D.A. Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective,  but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind know to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker. This film is amazing and it is a masterpiece and Leger gave an Oscar winning performance, this was also his last film to be completed from beginning to end. I give this film a 10 out of 10.



The Dark Knight Rises
Dark knight rises poster.jpg

        Now this film is one that really disappointed me and while I don't hate it, I just really dislike it. Christian Bale reprises his role as the lead role of Bruce Wayne/Batman, with a returning cast of his allies: Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth, Gary Oldman as James Gordan and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox. The film introduces Selina Kyle (played by Anne Hathaway), a sly morally-ambiguous cat burglar, and Bane (played by Tom Hardy), a mercenary bent on destroying Gotham City. Drawn back into action by new threats facing the city, an older Bruce Wayne is forced to come out of retirement and become Batman once again. Like I said before this film is a disappointment to me I enjoyed my first viewing of it in theaters, but after repeated viewings it continues to disappoint me so I give the film a 7 out of 10.

        
        So ladies and gentlemen what do you think of The Dark Knight Trilogy and what did you think of my reviews? Let me know in the comments and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                             Jonah Sparks



















































No comments:

Post a Comment