Saturday, May 2, 2015

My Review of The Avengers: Age of Ultron

        So I recently watched The Avengers: Age of Ultron and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Avengers Age of Ultron.jpg

        When Tony Stark (played by Robert Downey Jr.) jumpstarts a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America (played by Chris Evans), Thor (played by Chris Hemsworth), The Incredible Hulk (played by Mark Ruffalo), Black Widow (played by Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (played by Jeremy Renner), are put to the ultimate test as they battle to save the planet from destruction at the hands of the villainous Ultron (played by James Spader).



        This was an amazing film. Now let me start off by saying that this film is nowhere near as good as the first film and the thing is that it didn't have to be that good. I really enjoyed the humor and one joke was a running gag throughout the film and it works well. The visual effects in the film are mind-blowing and I honestly think this is a contender for Best Visual Effects at The Oscars next year. The character development in the film was way better than the first film because every character had their moments to shine and they all played a major part in the film. I will also say that the film's story isn't quite clear and it often gets overshadowed by the comedy and the action. The filmmakers also use a lot of the same plot elements from the first film and I just found that to be lazy. Their are a lot of great comic book references in the film, but that also leads to another problem I had with the film. It does way too much setting up, which every sequel does when there is a plan moving forward. I felt like they were just saying here's a bunch of references that a lot of people won't get and they'll all lead into the future movies that we have coming out. Overall I will say the experience was terrific and I had a great time watching it, however I felt like I was a watching a carbon copy of the first film. I give The Avengers: Age of Ultron a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Avengers: Age of Ultron, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment