Saturday, May 16, 2015

My Review of Mad Max: Fury Road

        So I recently watched Mad Max: Fury Road and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Theatrical release poster

        In a stark desert landscape where humanity is broken, two rebels just might be able to restore order: Max (played by Tom Hardy), a man of action and of few words, and Furiosa (played by Charlize Theron), a woman of action who is looking to make it back to her childhood homeland.

       

        I'm just gonna go ahead and say that this is my favorite movie of the year so far. First off I want to give a tip of the hat to Dr. George Miller who is 70 years old and is a vastly underrated director, for getting out and about to make this movie in his own vision (he also directed the other Mad Max films as well). He knows how to tell a story and in the other films to me he has had a hard time trying to balance both action and story and when he did find the median in the first film it ended up being really boring, but no sir this film has it all. Now granted is the plot that strong, no, but the film is so full action-packed scenes, has amazing visual effects, has beautiful camera work and has spectacular performances, that you don't care about the plot. Speaking of the performances both Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron are just great in the film and they work and feed off of each other so well, that you believe in everything they say and do in the film. The film is complete chaos and I mean that in every way possible. I just want to say that if you go into the film and you haven't seen any of the other previous films then you'll be fine, but it helps if you've seen them if you want to understand 1% of the movie right off the bat. Overall there are not enough good adjectives to describe this film is and how great it is. I give Mad Max: Fury Road a 10 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Mad Max: Fury Road, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment