Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My Review of Maggie

        So I recently watched Maggie and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado..........




A older man and his zombie daughter stand in front of a stormy sky

        A teenage girl (played by Abigail Breslin) in the Midwest becomes infected by an outbreak of a disease that slowly turns the infected into cannibalistic zombies. During her transformation, her loving father (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger) stays by her side.

       

        This is a really dark a depressing film. First off, I have to give my tip of the cap to Schwarzenegger on his performance and having the ability to step away from the action movies and do a dramatic film like this. The film itself is a huge departure from the typical zombie films and I really loved that aspect. Speaking of performances, Abigail Breslin gives a heart-breaking, emotional and powerful performance and the chemistry she has with Schwarzenegger is just terrific.To help explain the movie, if you have played The Last of Us video game then I will say that the dynamic between the characters of Joel and Ellie (mixed with Joel's daughter) without the violence and that's the type of film you have. I will say that the slow pace of the film makes it boring at some points and it doesn't help with dark and bleak tone. Overall the film surprised me in every way and the performances alone are enough for you to see this movie. I give Maggie an 8 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Maggie, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment