Sunday, May 17, 2015

My Review of Pitch Perfect 2

        So I recently watched Pitch Perfect 2 and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Pitch Perfect 2 poster.jpg

        After a humiliating command performance at Lincoln Center, the Barden Bellas enter an international competition that no American group has ever won in order to regain their status and right to perform.

       

        This was a decent film. Now I'm just going to go ahead and say that I really enjoyed the last film (I gave it a 9 out of 10) and I was hoping that this film would be just as good, but it's not. I also know that I am not the target audience for the film either. As for the film itself the one thing that bothered me was that it just wasn't as funny as the first film. The jokes they used were predictable and lot of them are recycled jokes from the first film. I was also really disappointed in Elisabeth Banks who took over the director's chair and this is her directorial debut (she also has a role in the film). I think that this was the wrong film to start her directing career with and somebody else should've done the job. I will say that the performances are really good and they do enough to serve the story and move the film along and I really liked the addition of Hailee Steinfeld, Katey Sagal and Keegan-Micheal Key to the cast. Overall this was a pretty disappointing film with a lot of recycled jokes and a predictable and bland story. I give Pitch Perfect 2 a 6.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Pitch Perfect 2, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment