Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Review of Poltergeist (2015)

        So I recently watched Poltergeist (2015) and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Poltergeist 2015 poster.png

        When the terrifying apparitions escalate their attacks and hold the youngest daughter captive, the family must come together to rescue her before she disappears forever.

       

        This movie is pretty terrible. Now look I'm a huge fan of the original Poltergeist film and I knew coming into this film it wasn't going to be as good as the first film and quite frankly it didn't have to be, but when you remake one of the greatest horror films of all-time you do have to live up to a lot. The film is just a mess all the way around.. None of the big scares are scary and it's predictable and it doesn't really do anything to separate the film from it's predecessor. I was also disappointed in the performances especially from Same Rockwell and Jared Harris who are amazing actors, but they mail in the entire movie. I will say that some of the smaller scares that weren't predictable were actually scary and some moments kept me on the edge of the seat. Plus I'm going to say it one more time, my biggest pet peeve is seeing horror films come out in the summer or spring when it should've come out around I don't know say Halloween. Overall this is really terrible film and to me it actually does hurt the legacy of the original film. I give Poltergeist (2015) a 1 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Poltergeist (2015) what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment