Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My Review of Ted

        So with A Million Ways to Die in the West being released this week, I figured it would be appropriate to review Seth McFarlane's other feature film Ted. So without further ado...





Ted poster.jpg

        The film tells the story of John Bennett (played by Mark Wahlburg) , a Boston native whose childhood wish brings his teddy bear friend Ted voiced by Seth Mcfarlane) to life, but Ted keeps John and his love interest Lori Collins (played by Mila Kunis) from moving on with their lives.

       

        I thought the film was hilarious. It's a great new take on the romances vs. friend story that we see a lot. The performances are great especially for Wahlburg who (in his scenes with Ted) is talking to nothing and gives a great performance in doing so. But personally Giovanni Ribisi's character stole the film and had the best jokes in the film (besides Ted). The cameos and supporting cast are pretty amazing (especially the scenes with Flash Gordon himself Sam Jones). Now while the film was funny, some of the jokes just didn't resonate with me and I didn't laugh at them. Also the film was a little to short and the ending was rushed a just little bit. Overall I loved Ted and I can't wait for the sequel. I give Ted a 8.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Ted, what would you rate it, what did you think of my review and are you excited for A Million Ways to Die in The West (I've already seen the film and it's pretty good)? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment