Friday, May 2, 2014

My Review of The Amazing Spider-Man

        In honor of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 being released tonight, I thought it would be fitting to review its predecessor The Amazing Spider-Man. So without further ado...





Spider-Man, wounded, is covered in a spider web with New York City in the background and as a reflection in his mask. Text at the bottom of the reveals the title, release date, official site of the film, rating and production credits.

        Peter Parker (played by Andrew Garfield), an outcast high schooler who was abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben (played by Martin Sheen) and Aunt May (played by Sally Field). Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. As Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents' disappearance - leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors (played by Rhys Ifans), his father's former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors' alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero.


        I really enjoyed this film. Now I will say I was very skeptical about this film simply because I'm a big fan of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films and I honestly thought that this one would be horrible. In essence I was surprised and I enjoyed the film. I really enjoyed the cast of the film and I loved the performances of Andrew Garfield and Rhys Ifans. I thought the film did a great job of really developing the characters and I was intrigued by the story. I also thought that the film had a nice blend of comedy and action. I didn't really care for the special effects and I they were a little over the top. Look eventhough Rhys Ifans does a great job as Curt Connors/ The Lizard, The Lizard is a pretty pathetic villain compared to the previous films villains (Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman and Venom) and it's one that i'll easily forget over time. I also wanted just a little bit more darker tone for the film. Overall I enjoyed the film and eventhough it was unnecessary I thought it was better than the first film in the Raimi trilogy and I'm going to give The Amazing Spider-Man a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Amazing Spider-Man, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment