Thursday, March 19, 2015

My Review of It Follows

        So I recently watched It Follows and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado......





A car in the middle of a dark forest

        After a strange sexual encounter, a teenager (played by Maika Monroe) finds herself haunted by nightmarish visions and the inescapable sense that something is after her.

       

        This is an absolutely fantastic and frightening film. First off I just have give credit to director David Robert Mitchell for literally scaring the crap out of me. This film isn't your typical horror film in the sense that it is grounded in reality without actually being in reality. It's not filled with cliches and it becomes its own film. I think this might be the first horror film in which I was actually worried for the characters in the film. Like one of my friends the one thing that gets me in horror films are the things you can't see and this film does just that. I will say that a couple of times I was completely scared and some parts become predictable., but it will still keep you on the edge of your seat and if you have anxiety you better take your pills before you see the film. Overall this is a fantastic film and it is quite possibly the best horror film I have seen in a very long time. I give It Follows a 9.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of It Follows, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment