Sunday, March 29, 2015

My Review of Home (2015)

        So I recently watched Home (2015) and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Home (2015 film) poster.jpg

        When Oh (voiced by Jim Parsons), a loveable misfit from another planet, lands on Earth and finds himself on the run from his own people, he forms an unlikely friendship with an adventurous girl named Tip (voiced by Rihanna) who is on a quest of her own. Through a series of comic adventures with Tip, Oh comes to understand that being different and making mistakes is all part of being human. And while he changes her planet and she changes his world, they discover the true meaning of the word HOME.

     

        This was such a stupid film. I don't know what is wrong with DreamWorks, but they have put a lot of crap out since the Shrek series ended (other than Puss in Boots) and this goes right into to pile of crap. I mean the company is slowly losing money and they had to get 20th Century Fox to distribute the film. Look I know the film isn't targeted towards me, but most young animated comedies have some subtle adult humor just to keep their attention and this film doesn't have that. The story itself is full of cliches that have been so overused that I am sick of it. he voice cast is actually pretty great, but they all voice characters that have played in other films of tv shows or how they portray themselves in real life. It does have heart-whelming moments, but it's not enough for me to care about the film. Overall this a film that kids might enjoy, but it's not enough to keep someone's attention. I give Home (2015) a 1.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Home (2015), what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment