Sunday, March 15, 2015

My Review of Cinderella (2015)

        So I recently watched Cinderella (2015) and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Cinderella 2015 official poster.jpg

        When her father unexpectedly passes away, young Ella (played by Lily James) finds herself at the mercy of her cruel stepmother and her daughters. Never one to give up hope, Ella's fortunes begin to change after meeting a dashing stranger.

       

        This was a really amazing. film. One of my biggest worries that I had going into this film is that I thought they would go away from the mythology of Cinderella sort of like what Maleficent did last last and that ruined the film for me, but while this film does sometimes go away from the mythology, it takes a lot from the original story and it puts it's own twist on it. Director Kenneth Branagh is mostly known for doing Shakespearean types of films and you can really tell that he made this film look and feel like it and I thought that it was a great choice and that it fits in well with the story. The acting in the film is also terrific from Lily James who will be a huge star in the very near future and the always superb Cate Blanchett who gives a flawless performance and spectacualr performance. I will say that there were a couple of annoying performances from the actors that played the step-sisters and I thought they were annoying and I also hated Helena Bonham Carter in the movie. I thought she was way too over-the-top and I felt that she was out of place in the film. Overall this is a fantastic film and it gives me a lot of hope for future live-action remakes from Disney. I give Cinderella (2015) a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Cinderella (2015), what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment