Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Top 10 Most Anticipated Films For the First Half of 2015

        2014 was an amazing year in film and 2015 has a lot of great films that could potentially make 2015 even better. Now this list will comprise of films that will be released between January 1st, 2015 and June 30th, 2015. With that being said I'm going to bring you my top most anticipated films of the first half of 2015. Now one film doesn't have a poster or trailer yet, but when they get released I will update this blog asap. So without further ado...





10. Inside Out- June 19th, 2015 Rating: PG
Inside Out (2015 film) poster.jpg

        As much as I am a comic-book film fan I am also a Pixar fan and this film looks amazing. From everything I have heard and seen about the film leads me to believe that this film will be better than Toy Story 3, Up and Finding Nemo. It can also be the first animated film to win Best Picture at the Oscars in 2016. the cast for the film is amazing and I cannot wait to see this film.





9. Kingsman: The Secret Service- February 13th, 2015 Rating: R
A well organized gentleman's closet containing suits, shirts, umbrellas, as well as several large guns, hand guns, and other weaponry.

        I wasn't really interested in this film whatsoever until I heard about the cast and saw the trailers and I couldn't be more anxious for the film. This film looks like it will be a lot of fun and with the cast and director that's been put together which includes Colin Firth, Mark Hamill and Samuel L. Jackson, how can this film go wrong.



 

8. Entourage June 3rd,2015  Rating: R
Entourage film 2015 poster.jpg
     
        I've watched a little bit of the show and from what I've seen from it I feel that the movie can be just as good. This film has been in the making for a long time and I know the fans of the series are excited that the film is happening including myself.




7. Chappie- March 6th, 2015 Rating: R
Chappie poster.jpg

        I was a huge fan of District 9 and somewhat disappointed with Elysium, but when I heard that Neil Blomkamp (who directed both of the films) was directing the film I was immediately interested in the project. The film looks like it will have a lot of touching moments and seems like some parts might rip-off Short Circuit, but it really looks like a great sci-fi film. Also I just hope that it doesn't follow the same plot of Blomkamp's past two films.





6. Ted 2- June 26th, 2015 Rating: R
Ted 2 poster.jpg

        One of the more surprising films of 2012 was Ted and when I heard it was getting a sequel I was very happy. Seth MacFarlane is a comedic genius and when he himself is not on camera but doing voice work he can be absolutely hilarious. Now A Million Ways to Die in The West was a big disappointment for me and hopefully MacFarlane can redeem himself with this film.






5. Tommorrowland- May 22nd, 2015 Rating: PG
Tomorrowland logo.jpg

          I wasn't even interested in this film and plus it's based off of a themed land at Disneyland and look what happened to the last films that were based off of a ride/themed land (Pirates of the Caribbean anyone?).  The I saw the trailer which just blew me away and eventhough it didn't give much or anything away it really peaked my interest and I cannot wait to see it.



 
4. Furious 7- April 1st, 2015 Rating: PG-13
Furious 7 poster.jpg

        This film was supposed to come out last summer, but due to the tragic death of Paul walker the film was pushed back to this year and I think a lot of people are looking forward to this for a lot of different reasons. I'm a huge fan of the franchise and I'm really curious how they handle Paul Walker's death in the film with his character.





3. Mad Max: Fury Road- May 15th, 2015 Rating: R
Teaser poster

        This film has been in developmental hell for a really long time (30 years to be exact) and I'm really excited that George Miller (the director of the original three films) is finally bring this film franchise back to the big-screen again and the cool thing about this film is that it is a direct sequel to Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome so everything is connected. The trailers for the film look amazing and the cast is spectacular and I cannot wait to see it.





2. Jurassic World- June 12th, 2015 Rating: PG-13
A black poster featuring a grey circular shield with a stylized Tyrannosaurus skeleton under a plaque reading "Jurassic World". Below is the tagline "The Park is Open".

        Speaking of developmental hell this film has been there just not as long as Mad Max: Fury Road (this film has been in the works for 14 years) . I absolutely loved all three films in the franchise (eventhough the third film is the weakest and has a lot of problems) and finally getting the chance to head back to Isla Nublar again really makes me excited for the film. Plus seeing Chris Pratt ride on a motorcycle with tamed Raptors makes me even more excited.





1. The Avengers: Age of Ultron- May 1st, 2015 Rating: PG-13
Avengers Age of Ultron.jpg

        Is anyone really surprised that this film is number 1. as all of you know I am a huge fan of comic books especially the MCU films. One of my favorite stories in comics is Age of Ultron and when I found out that that was the title for the next Avengers film I got extremely happy. Now granted the film won't follow that storyline word for word, but I will bet that a few key scenes from the comic will be in the film. (a lot of the key characters aren't with Marvel). Everything I've seen from the film  looks amazing and the first trailer just blew me away.




        So ladies and gentlemen what are some of the movies you are looking forward to in the first half of 2015 and what do you think of my list? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment