Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Review of American Sniper

        So I recently watched American Sniper and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





American Sniper poster.jpg

        U.S. Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle (played by Bradley Cooper) is sent to Iraq with only one mission: to protect his brothers-in-arms. His pinpoint accuracy saves countless lives on the battlefield and, as stories of his courageous exploits spread, he earns the nickname "Legend." However, his reputation is also growing behind enemy lines, putting a price on his head and making him a prime target of insurgents. Despite the danger, as well as the toll on his family at home, Chris serves through four harrowing tours of duty in Iraq, becoming emblematic of the SEAL creed to "leave no man behind." But upon returning home, Chris finds that it is the war he can't leave behind.

     

        This is a really great movie. I was a little skeptical about this film because of director Clint Eastwood who hasn't had the best track record over the past few years, but man I was really impressed with what he did with the film. Also Bradley Cooper is amazing in the film and he gives the best performance of his career. He really transforms into Chris Kyle and it really dives into issues that soldiers past, present and future will deal with in the since of constantly thinking about the war. I really did like the intense moments which kept me on the edge of my seat eventhough I knew the true story about Chris Kyle. The cinematography in the film is just amazing and it really does paint a beautiful picture on screen. The problem with the film is that it sometimes didn't know what it wanted to be and it had a lot tonal shifts that took me out of the movie in bits and pieces throughout. Overall this is a solid film with great acting and directing, I just wish the filmmakers had figured out what type of movie they were making by using so many different genres. I give American Sniper a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of American Sniper, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment